Discover Unforgettable Experience NEW YEARS EVE SYDNEY 2021 EVENTS,
and The world-famous Sydney New Year's Eve fireworks display 2021
Whether you are gathering with family or friends in a public viewing area, attending NYE event, or take a cruise, for sure Sydney will treat you to a kind of magical night.
ABOUT NEW YEAR'S EVE 2021 FIREWORKS IN SYDNEY.
The world famous NYE (New Years Eve) show in this city usually start from 18:00 when thrilling air displays take over the skies above the harbour, fire tugs create striking water displays and Sydney’s traditional indigenous custodians perform a Welcome to Country.
A thrilling air show usually will start at 20:00, with incredible aerial acrobatics. At around 20:30, the pylons light up after the sun has set, with projections continuing throughout the evening.
At 21:00, a special fireworks display for families and kids is followed by an enchanting Harbour of Light Parade. At midnight 00:00, dazzling fireworks erupt from Sydney Opera House, barges on the water, and from the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Then at the stroke of midnight, the pyrotechnic display illuminates the sky from firing points on the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Sydney Opera House and harbour barges as the New Year makes its spectacular debut to Welcome 2021.
SYDNEY NEW YEARS EVE BEST FIREWORK VANTAGE POINTS 2021.
The best New Years Eve Sydney Fireworks 2021 vantage points are around Sydney Harbour such as:
- Sydney Opera House or the nearby Royal Botanic Garden. The Sydney Opera House also hosts an Opera Gala each year, with intervals timed for the 9pm and midnight fireworks.
- You can also experience Sydney’s New Year's Eve from one of the beautiful Sydney Harbour Island parties, situated in the stunning surrounds of the harbour.
- Darling Harbour. Celebrate the New Year with spectacular, family friendly fireworks at Darling Harbour. See fantastic light shows every hour from 7pm and brilliant fireworks at 9pm and midnight. This event is family friendly and accessible.
- Sydney Harbour. Another alternative location is on a cruise on Sydney Harbour where you’ll enjoy great food and wine and 360-degree views of the city, the harbour and the bridge.
- Stay at Recommended Hotel. You may enjoy spectacular views, a festive atmosphere and live entertainment at one of Sydney’s famous hotels. The Park Hyatt, Four Seasons Hotel, Intercontinental, Shangri-La and Pier One all offer a variety of New Year’s Eve party and accommodation options to help you celebrate and see in the New Year.
The Star Grand Hotel is another popular location for celebrations, with a number of festive programs, restaurants and bars to help make the night memorable. These venues also have easy access to harbourside locations in and around Sydney Harbour and Circular Quay.
There are many location along the foreshore with great views of the midnight extravaganza New Year's Eve 2021 in Sydney. Treat yourself to a great viewing spot at one of the ticketed vantage points and parties, including:
- Bradleys Head: Athol Lawn
- Clark Island Garden Party
- Sydney Observatory
- Bradleys Head: The Amphitheatre
- Shark Island Party
- Goat Island
- Bradleys Head Mast Precinct
- Strickland House
- Mary Booth Reserve in Kirribilli
- Bradfield Park at Milsons Point
- Sydney Opera House
Free public viewing areas and family-friendly sites are also dotted around the harbour. They have the best seats to watch the fireworks. But you need to plan ahead and bring your own picnic during the day, and enjoy uninterrupted views of Sydney’s icons from prime positions, the area such as:
- Observatory Hill Park (alcohol prohibited).
- Pirrama Park in Pyrmont
- Sydney Opera House forecourt
- The Domain at Mrs Macquarie’s Point
- Robertson Park in Watsons Bay.
- Cremorne Point.
- North Head in Manly.
- Manns Point, Greenwich.
WHERE TO STAY NEW YEARS EVE SYDNEY 2021
So which hotels should be on your Sydney New Year’s Eve 2021?
- PIER ONE SYDNEY HARBOUR. Right on the water and just on the west side of the Harbour Bridge, Pier One Sydney Harbour is another top hotel with an enviable position. Some rooms have private balconies where you can stand and look up at the bridge beside you, but if you miss out on a room with a view you can step out onto the pier and join the fireworks front row. Read More Here.
- THE MACLEAY. The Macleay’s rooftop is where Sydney’s Daily Telegraph photographers have been taking their NYE SYDNEY photos for the past ten years or so. The Macleay in Potts Point looks out over Sydney Harbour with the Harbour Bridge, Opera House and city skyline all laid out before you. Read More Here.
- THE FOUR SEASONS HOTEL. Ensure to get the right room at Sydney’s Four Seasons where you can watch the fireworks over the Opera House from your bubble bath. This hotel is so hot on NYE 2021 Sydney that public access is limited. Read More Here
- PARK HYATT SYDNEY. Nestled between the two biggest stars of the night, the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Park Hyatt is a prime location any time of year. Add in the New Year’s Eve fireworks 2021 Sydney, and it is no wonder this is one of the hottest hotels to be in. Read More Here.
- SHANGRI LA HOTEL SYDNEY. With killer panoramic views of both the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House, this hotel rooms with fireworks views get snapped up very quickly. Beside of that, it is only about five minutes walk to Circular Quay. Read More Here.